Study programme’s generic objectives
The Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering has a program based on the accumulation of credits in several scientific areas with the main objective of providing the students with a strong background in:
- Basic Sciences (basic scientific training, enabling the acquisition of further
- skills of broader scope in a wide range of domains;
- Engineering Sciences (application of the Basic Sciences to general models;
- Complementary Sciences (not belonging to the scientific area of the course;
- Specialty Sciences (direct application to real problems of civil engineering.
The aim is thus to prepare engineering professionals recognised by high technical expertise and also by their capability to integrate or assume the leadership in multidisciplinary teams.
Good balance between the theoretical and practical aspects. The skills obtained by students are of interest to potential employers.