The convergence between the areas of computational systems, networks and telecommunications, namely seen in cloud computing platforms, opened new market needs, not met by classic computer or
The LEIRT aims to train engineering professionals capable of meeting the challenges of the labor market in
the areas of informatics applied to networks and telecommunications, the development of applications, to
the design, installation and management of infrastructures and services.
The objectives of the degree program are:
• Provide solid basic training in mathematics at the relevant area;
• Provide solid basic training in the various training areas of the degree program;
• Ensure practical experience through laboratory work on UC the various training areas and the developing of project skills;
• Develop skills of critical and independent academic work.
The main learning objectives are:
• Acquire knowledge of mathematics necessary for computer engineering applied to networks and
• Understand fundamental concepts of computational systems, including hardware and computer
organization, languages and programming paradigms, algorithms and data structures, operating systems and information systems, telecommunications and computer networks;
• Obtain theoretical and practical skills to analyze, design, develop, test and maintain computer and
telecommunications systems by selecting the appropriate tools and techniques;
• Develop software defined radio systems;
• Understand and use the cloud programming models and software infrastructure that support the dynamic allocation of resources and data processing on a large scale;
• Work as a team and independently, preparing technical documentation, managing resources and meeting deadlines.