Before applying for admission as an Erasmus student, please ensure that your university has an Erasmus bilateral agreement with ISEL (P Lisboa 05) for your area of studies.
Please ensure that you have been nominated by your home institution to participate in the exchange. The nominations should be sent by your International Office to the email email@example.com
How to Apply
Students, who wish to attend ISEL, in the next academic years, should:
- Fill in the application form, available in the International Offices of their own home institutions.
- After the approval from the home institution, their home institution will contact with ISEL in order to send the names of the students nominated.
- The students nominated will be contacted by our international office.
Send the documents duly signed and stamped to firstname.lastname@example.org
– As soon as you arrive at ISEL, they should contact the International Office in order to enrol.
Deadline for application
- The application calendar will be available soon
Exchange students, under Erasmus programme pay their fees at their home institutions. Hence they are not charged fees in the host institution.
On arrival at ISEL, international students should present themselves at the International Office.
Language requirements and portuguese language courses
All classes are taught in Portuguese, and students are expected to be able to follow them. Assessments (examination questions and examination scripts, etc.) can be conducted in another language, depending on prior agreement between the student and the lecturer concerned.
ISEL doesn’t provide accommodation for incoming students, however a list of possible accommodation is provided to incoming students.
Emergency wards are open 24 hours a day at the main Lisbon hospitals and the hospitals of all the district capitals. If you are unable to travel to the emergency ward by yourself, call 112 (National Emergency Number) for an ambulance. Small rural and coastal regions have health centers with service from 8:00 to 20:00.
If you exhibit poisoning symptoms, call the poison information hotline for help (+351) 808250143
SOS – National Emergency Number: 112
Regular pharmacy hours are from 9:30 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 19:00.
Emergency pharmacies are also open after-hours in various neighborhoods of every district. Each pharmacy posts a daily list of the names and addresses of the closest emergency pharmacies. Newspapers also provide a list of emergency pharmacies or you can call the emergency pharmacies hotline.
You’ll find examples of all types of European art in Portugal:
• Romantic (in Coimbra, Braga, Évora, Porto)
• Gothic (in Alcobaça, Batalha)
• Renaissance (in Coimbra, Estremoz, Lisbon, Évora)
• Baroque (in Lisbon and especially Porto).
• Manueline art is an artistic legacy from the age of the Portuguese Discoveries of the 16th century. Points of interest include the Imperfect Chapels (Batalha Monastery), the Window of the Convent of Christ in Tomar, the Convent of Jesus in Setúbal, the Church of the People in Caldas da Rainha, and the Jerónimos Monastery in Lisbon.
• Portuguese art has its own specific characteristics that are worth discovering, such as Manueline and Azulejo ceramic tile art.
For any questions you can contact the international office - email@example.com