Intended learning outcomes
- Identify electrical quantities, the basic electrical and electronic components, and main instrumentation and measuring equipment’s.
- Explain the dependencies between the electrical quantities; characterise electronic devices; describe the instrumentation and measurement techniques; explain the operation of measurement equipment and its limitations.
- Propose circuits to a specific basic functionality; use measurement techniques.
- Analyse electronic circuits using basic theoretical concepts and methods; analyse and test circuits by measuring electrical quantities values; analyse circuits by electrical simulations.
- Explain the structure and operation of logic gates and their characterization parameters.
- Develop and assemble elementary digital electronic circuits with discrete or integrated components.
- Explain the integrated circuit technology. Understand some CMOS circuit applications.