Intended learning outcomes
A student that successfully completes this course unit will be able to:
- Show they can plan computer networks including the ones based on wireless technologies.
- Describe the limitations imposed by the use of NAT techniques and use mitigation solutions when needed to unlock connectivity.
- Project networks using IPv6.taking advantage of the new facilities provided.
- Project and implement firewall systems on the most common hardware and software platforms with special focus on the interception model presented by Linux/iptables and derivates.
- Understand the forwarding techniques used by MPLS and project basic networks using it.
- Remotely monitor and manage networking equipment.