Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this course unit will be able to:
- Understand the working model of cloud computing.
- Understand the challenges associated with large-scale data (Big Data) processing.
- Know the frameworks and paradigms used in large-scale data processing.
- Develop distributed applications using cloud computing that enable large-scale data processing (including multimedia data).
- Evaluate emerging paradigms about multimedia systems in the cloud.
- Analyse emerging new paradigms in the area of Cloud Computing.
- Understand the challenges and problems underlying the design and development of application support software in environments with mobile and ubiquitous entities (people, hardware, software).