Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this course unit be able to:
- Recognize the different transistor types and their main application in linear and nonlinear circuits.
- Understand the circuit level behavior of different amplifier topologies with or without negative feedback, including the frequency response of the system.
- Apply the concept of signal amplification to a practical situation in the interface between a signal source and a load.
- Analyze single or multistage transistor amplifier circuits from biasing to the determination of the main amplifier parameters.
- Design transistor amplifier circuits using different type of devices, including differential configurations with or without negative feedback. Test circuits in a lab or simulation environment.
- Write reports describing the implemented circuits and where experimental results are analyzed and compared and decisions are justified.