Intended learning outcomes
Students completing this course unit should be able to:
- Know and distinguish Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs) of 1st order and linear ODE of n-order; Define Laplace transform (LT), Z-transform (ZT) and the corresponding inverse transformations, Region of Convergence (ROC) of the transformations and meet their properties;
- Get the solution of differential equations, determine the LT and the ZT from signals; know how to apply the properties of these transformations;
- Get solutions of linear ODE and difference equations of order-n with respectively the LT and the ZT transforms;
- Apply linear ODE and the unilateral LT to the study of linear and time invariant systems, in particular linear electrical circuits;
- Analyze electrical circuits in the domain of Laplace transform, get the representations of linear systems in LT domain and know how to represent Bode plots from the frequency response function of systems; Analyze discrete systems from their representations in terms of the ZT.