Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this course unit will be able to:
- Define and apply concepts of classical physics and electrostatics to understand electronic circuits and components.
- Describe the physical and electrical behavior of discrete linear and nonlinear components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, thermistors, LDRs).
- Qualitatively explain the electrical conduction mechanisms in semiconductor materials and devices.
- Explain equivalent models of small signals at low frequencies and calculate the amplitude of the various components involved.
- Experimentally test elementary semiconductor devices and compare the experimental results with those obtained through simulation.
- Make assemblies with basic semiconductor devices and present a report of a practical application integrating the analyzed devices