Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of the basic principles of computer networks and understand the basic concepts and protocols that support the (stack TCP / IP protocols).
- Understand Internet access networks and their different architectures.
- Acquire a broader knowledge on the Internet interals, from applications to physical connections.
- Understand the organization of the protocol layers stack TCP / IP and apply the knowledge of protocols and services of the application layers (eg system of DNS domain names and email SMTP / POP) and transport (eg TCP and UDP) with emphasis on the data communication aspects and theoretical protocols.
- Synthesize and enjoy the Network layer protocols of the TCP / IP family, with special emphasis on IP protocol and IPv4 addressing mode.
- Critically analyze local networks, with emphasis on Ethernet, and understand the details of its operation (eg dynamic assignment DHCP-based mechanisms and resolution of addresses with ARP).
- Understand and analyze the protocols of the data link and physical layers.