Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and characterize concepts related with signals and their multiple representations, such as time, and frequency domains, and its interconnection;
- Understand the process of sampling, the Nyquist frequency and the analog-to-digital, and digital-to-analog signal conversion;
- Understand and characterize concepts related systems (namely LTIs), such as linearity, time invariance, causality and stability, convolution, impulse and frequency response;
- Analyze IIR and FIR filters using the Z transform;
- Know and understand the tools used in the spectral analysis, such as FFT and DFT 6. Designing FIR and IIR filters as per needs and given specifications.