Intended learning outcomes
This course was created in order to solve real optimization problems existing in Portuguese companies. Beyond the single-objective optimization, there is a need for global and multiobjective optimization. Further, it was observed that in most of these problems it is not possible to calculate the derivative of the objective function, hence the need for methods with and without derivatives. Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Model optimization problems.
- Know which methods can be used to solve the optimization problem.
- Use computer software to solve problems.
- Interpret the obtained solutions.
- Propose valid conclusions to problems.