Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this course unit will be able to:
- Know the relational model and its implications in the modeling of data repositories;
- Know the SQL script language for creating, manipulating and changing the data in a Database;
- Understand the entity-association model (ER) and its mapping in the relational model as a way of modeling data to support the information systems;
- Develop applications using a programming language for accessing Databases through standard interfaces (APIs);
- Write technical reports describing the work done and justifying the proposed solutions.