Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Define the fundamental mechanisms associated with troposphere radio propagation.
- Explain the issues associated with characterization of the radio channel in the troposphere and more appropriate propagation models.
- Identify the main components of a microwave radio link and assess its performance.
- To dimension a real microwave link, including sizing and selecting technical/economic structures and equipment.
- Develop and use specific tools dedicated to planning and implementation of point-to-point and multi-point radio links.
- Create project reports.