Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this course unit will be able to:
- Know, in general, the existing systems of the Internet of Things (IoT) for several usage scenarios.
- Understand the issues about powering IoT systems.
- Possess the necessary knowledge for the analysis, use and development of electronic systems for harvesting, processing and storing energy, using topologies of typical dc-dc and ac-dc converters.
- Understand the techniques, namely MPPT methods, and know the typical hardware devices, for harvesting, processing and storing energy.
- Use microcontroller-based development systems to implement the control systems required to harvest, process and store energy.
- Use other implementations (analog, digital or mixed signal), discrete or integrated, aimed at energy management.