Intended learning outcomes
A student that successfully completes this course unit will be able to:
- Identify a wide range of technologies for data delivery in content delivery networks (CDNs).
- Analyze and understand the key technologies supporting the www world, its limitations and problems in the large-scale distribution of data.
- Recognize the different technologies and protocols used in content delivery networks, with emphasis on aspects of application-level routing.
- Recognize the key technologies that support IP multicast and IP anycast and be able to apply them to solve problems of data distribution.
- Explain P2P (peer-to-peer) networks and analyze the problems and applications of this technology.
- Understand software defined networks for content distribution.
- Plan and implement different solutions of content delivery networks as well as evalute their performance.