Intended learning outcomes
A student completing this course unit should be able to:
- To solve problems using information theory concepts;
- Describe and understand statistical-based and dictionary-based data compression techniques;
- Choose and evaluate the use of lossless codification techniques to data compression problems;
- Compose and develop lossless data compression techniques, according to the domain of application;
- Compose and develop lossy data compression techniques, using lossless data compression.