Intended learning outcomes
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the role of Procedural Content Generation (PCG) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the creation of interactive virtual environments for simulations/games capable of emulating the real world in its sensory components (collisions, sounds, images), cognitive (intelligence, adaptation, learning) and social (communication, cooperation, competition);
- Know and apply PCG techniques, namely for creating terrains and levels (relief, vegetation, rivers, roads, cities, biomes);
- Know and apply IA techniques to train autonomous agents (NPC) to perform a certain task, individual or collective;
- Use simulations/games as virtual environments to train autonomous agents (e.g., driving a vehicle), with the objective of later application in real environments (robotics);
- Know how to apply the interaction with the user/player to guide the processes of PCG and the training of the agents (human-in-the-loop).