The aim of this course is to provide students a basic training on the concepts underlying the theory of classical and intelligent control. Thus, it shall discuss techniques for modeling physical systems, presenting methods and techniques for analyzing/designing control systems. At the course conclusion the students should possess the following competencies:
- To identify control systems in open and closed loop;
- Study of control systems in time and frequency domain;
- Select methods for design of industrial controllers like PID;
- Linking several theoretical concepts in order to form a global concept of the discipline;
- Explore, using processes that simulate industry practice, the theoretical concepts presented;
- Manipulating and adjust industrial PID and predictive controllers, verify the results obtained in experimentation and to validate them with the theoretically expected results.